Biological Chemistry Program
Designed to provide students and faculty of the University of Utah with excellence in graduate education at the interface of biology and chemistry
- Three independent research tracks: Biochemistry, Chemical Biology/Medicinal Chemistry or Structural Biology/Biophysics
- Choose from more than 70 faculty from the Departments of Biochemistry, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Oncological Sciences, Pharmaceutics / Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, and the School of Biological Sciences
- Investigators span diverse disciplines and use chemical or physical approaches to biological problems
- After the first year, students leave the Program and formally join one of the seven science departments above to continue thesis research in the laboratory of a Program faculty member
- Exceptionally strong graduate training environment
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Three independent research tracks enable students to tailor their education in one particular research area.
We seek to understand the chemical and mechanistic aspects of important biological processes.
We develop and apply chemical tools to understand biological problems and to propose biomedical solution.
We use structural and biophysical approaches to address biological problems. Research areas include microscopy, chemical theory, biomolecular simulation, etc.
Biological Chemistry Graduate Students enjoy the following benefits:
- Annual fellowship / Living stipend support ($32,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year)
- $1,000 Starting Allocation
- Tuition Waver
- Health Insurance
- Outstanding Core Facilities
- Collaborative Environment
- Current Students
- Student Resources Page
- Requirements for the PhD Program in Biological Chemistry