Assistant Professor of Molecular Pharmaceutics
Systems Biology, Controlled Drug Delivery, Quantitative Microscopy, Translational Medicine
The Lu Digital Pharmaceutics (DigiPharma) Laboratory aims to develop and apply state-of-the-art technologies to understand disease pathologies, and develop treatment strategies for cancer, infectious diseases, and autoimmune diseases. In particular, we are pursuing the following three directions:
Spatial Tissue Profiling
We integrate spatial omics with pharmaceutics to determine the factors that influence treatment response, and develop data-driven precision cancer immunotherapies.
Single Extracellular Vesicle Analysis
We harness the rich information carried by extracellular vesicles to monitor blood-borne tissue and disease-specific signatures, and develop biomimetic drug delivery technologies.
Health Monitoring Devices
We develop microfluidic devices to monitor the health and therapeutic response of patients, and learn how to transition back to a healthy state.
- Yue Lu, Alphonsus HC Ng, Frances Chow, Richard G Everson, Beth A Helmink, Michael Tetzlaff, Rohit Thakur, Jennifer A Wargo, Timothy F Cloughesy, Robert M Prins, James R Heath. "Resolution of tissue signatures of therapy response in patients with recurrent GBM treated with neoadjuvant anti-PD1." Nature Communications 12: 1-13 (2021).
- Yue Lu, Byung-Kuk Yoo, Alphonsus HC Ng, Jungwoo Kim, Sinchul Yeom, Jau Tang, Milo M Lin, Ahmed H Zewail, James R Heath. “4D electron microscopy of T cell activation.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U.S.A. (PNAS) 116: 22014 (2019).
- Yue Lu, Zhen Gu. “Kidney physiology: A size bandpass filter.” Nature Nanotechnology 12: 1023 (2017).
- Yue Lu, Yiliang Lin, Zhaowei Chen, Quanyin Hu, Yang Liu, Shuangjiang Yu, Wei Gao, Michael D Dickey, Zhen Gu. "Enhanced endosomal escape by light-fueled liquid-metal transformer." Nano Letters 17: 2138-2145 (2017).
- Yue Lu, Alex Aimittee, Robert Langer, Zhen Gu. "Bioresponsive materials", Nature Reviews Materials 2: 16075 (2016).
- Yue Lu, Quanyin Hu, Yiliang Lin, Dennis B. Pacardo, Chao Wang, Wujin Sun, Frances S. Ligler, Michael D. Dickey, Zhen Gu. "Transformable liquid-metal nanomedicine", Nature Communications 6: 10066 (2015).
- Yue Lu, Wujin Sun, Zhen Gu. "Stimuli-responsive nanomaterials for therapeutic protein delivery", Journal of Controlled Release 194: 1-19 (2014).
- Yue Lu, Ran Mo, Wanyi Tai, Wujin Sun, Dennis B. Pacardo, Chenggen Qian, Qundong Shen, Frances S. Ligler, Zhen Gu. "Self-folded redox/pH dual-responsive nanocarriers for anticancer drug delivery", Chemical Communications 50: 15105-15108 (2014).